Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we process, how we process it, and for what reasons.
Please note that we will ask for your consent before using personal information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice.
About the G20 Saudi Secretariat
The G20 Saudi Secretariat has its principal address at G20 Saudi Secretariat, 9th Floor MU04 Tower, Alraidah Digital City, Riyadh 12382, Saudi Arabia.
The G20 Saudi Secretariat (“We", “we", “our" or “us") is committed to providing excellent service, including respecting concerns about privacy and taking the relevant measures to safeguard personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
We have provided this Privacy Notice to help you, the user, understand how we collect, use and protect your information when you visit and use any of G20 Saudi Secretariat's website including, without limitation, any microsites and tools contained therein (our “Websites"), mobile applications (including, without limitation, the G20 - app) and any tools contained therein (our “Mobile Applications"), social media pages, and other technological platforms in whatever form (together referred to as our “Platforms"), and how that information will be treated. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it
How we collect and use (process) your personal information
This section explains what personal information we collect and how we use it. The personal data we capture is as follows:
- Personal information: delegate type, name, email address, personal phone number, place of birth, date of birth, gender, and personal photo.
- Work information: entity, department or organization which the delegate and / or media representative work for, their office address, phone number, position and ID number.
- Passport information: passport number, passport type, issue date, expiry date, issue location, and copy of the passport (picture or scan).
- Flight information: Flight number, airline, city of origin and destination, flight date and time.
- Accommodation information: Hotel name and location, check-in/check-out dates, check-in/check-out time.
- Sensitive / special categories of personal data: Dietary restrictions; nationality; religion.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To authorize delegates and media representatives to attend G20 meetings and events. The G20 Saudi Secretariat relies on legitimate interest and its legal obligations within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as the lawful bases for these processing activities.
- To issue Electronic E-Visas for delegates and media representatives. The G20 Saudi Secretariat relies on its legitimate interest and is legal obligations within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as the lawful bases for these processing activities.
- To send you updates on events you are attending. The G20 Saudi Secretariat relies on legitimate interest as its lawful basis for this processing activity.
- To send relevant information about upcoming events which we think you may be interested in. The G20 Saudi Secretariat relies on legitimate interest as its lawful basis for this processing activity and you can opt out of this at any time.
When and how we share information with others
The G20 Saudi Secretariat stores data in one or more databases hosted by third parties in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. These third parties do not use or have access to your personal information for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval.
In order to comply with local laws in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia we are required to share personal information relating to delegates and media representatives with the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Media and Ministry of Health.
We do not otherwise share your personal data with third parties unless: 1) You request or authorise it; 2) the information is provided in order to comply with a legal obligation (for example, to comply with a court order); 3) the information is provided to our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf (for example, flight or hotel bookings, visa applications), 4) to address disputes, claims or to persons demonstrating legal authority on your behalf.
Data subject rights
The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and some other countries' privacy laws provide data subjects certain rights. You can find a good explanation of these rights (in English) on the website of the United Kingdom's
Information Commissioner's Office
If you want to confirm that the G20 Saudi Secretariat is processing your personal data you can contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this notice.
In some circumstances, and depending on the country you are located in and the applicable privacy regulations, you may be able to exercise one of the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data by us or on our behalf, by a third party.
- The right to access your personal data.
- The right to rectify or correct inaccurate personal data.
- The right to erasure of your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data, where the data is not being used for the purpose it was collected for.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority. In many countries you have a right to submit a formal written complaint to a regulator who can resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with you directly.
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to inform us that you no longer wish us to collect, store, or use your personal data, where there is not a legal reason for us to do so.
Security of your information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal data that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorized access, including by means of firewalls, password access and secure servers. In particular, we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems, and restrict access to personal data to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Unfortunately, there is always risk involved in sending information through any channel over the internet. You send information over the internet entirely at your own risk. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the internet and we do not warrant the security of any information, including personal data, which you transmit to us over the internet.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorized access to, your personal data, please let us know immediately.
Data storage and retention
The data that we collect from you is stored on our servers. Our servers are located in third party data centres inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Third parties do not use or have access to your personal information for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. When assessing these periods we carefully examine our need to collect personal data at all and if we establish a relevant need we only retain it for the shortest possible period to realise the purpose of collection unless a longer retention period is required by contractual obligation or law. If you want to learn more about our retention policy you can contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this notice.
Changes and updates to this privacy notice
In the future, we may revise or amend this Privacy Notice at any time by amending this page. All changes will be made here so you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. Some of the provisions contained in this Privacy Notice may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Websites.
Use of the G20 Saudi Secretariat website
We collect information automatically when people visit our Platforms and we store this information in log files. The information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is located, the browser type, operating system and other general usage information. The G20 Saudi Secretariat has a legitimate interest in understanding how people use and interact with its website. The purpose of this is to allow us to analyse trends, track visitor movements in order to enhance the user experience and diagnose problems with our website or server.
Questions, concerns or complaints
We regularly review our compliance with our Privacy Notice. When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process your personal data, or if you wish to raise a complaint, please contact us here:
G20 Saudi Secretariat
9th Floor MU04 Tower
Alraidah Digital City